Thursday, October 13, 2011

Short Irons

The clubs the are used for hitting the ball from 165 yards or less onto the green are called short irons. Each of these short irons has a number or letter on them. The first short iron is a 7 iron, the next short iron is and 8 iron and then 9 iron. The clubs that are used to hit the ball from 100 yards have letters on them. one has a P on it which represents Pitching Wedge and then there is the Sand wedge which is used to hit the ball out of sand trap... Wow really did I have to say that!!! Just as with the woods these clubs used to made out of iron now they are made of different materials.

5 comments:

  1. I just wanted to make sure that post would appear

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the fall season being into full swing, would you recommend a "casual" golfer to hit the greens or wait until the spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know they weren't still made out of iron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel, I know (ha), I do my best when using a driver. I know I need practice with using the irons. Getting near the green, no problem, getting on the green and in the hole, needs work. I need practice with irons! Eager to read your other posts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it took so long to get here. Looks good I could have used some advice last week when I played... shot an 89.

    ReplyDelete